Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What a blow to my ego!

So, I worked on V-day and Chinese New Year.

Last week, 'Boss' was finding for people to work for him on Sunday. Going around asking, being sarcastic as usual. Lol, bastard told me

Boss :' Eh, Cynthia.... you must work on Sunday ah. I Know you got no one to celebrate it with. No boyfriend all, so you must come work on sunday.'
Me : Hahaha...okay lah boss, whatever la.

So everyday he'll be like :

Boss : Cynthia you dun fuck me up and not come ah..... You got nothing better to do, u better come.

or

Bahlul, you make sure I see you on sunday, I really need your help.

So the day comes, we anticipating total chaos for the high occupancy during the start of the CNY break. Wasn't totally bad as what boss expected lar. Thank god. Cause im suppose to talk to guest and all those crap.

So, anyway... this isnt the whole point of the story that I wanted to tell. I tend to go in circles cause im horrible like that.

So, the reason I was ASKED to come to work was to take pictures of all the 'loving' couples who has reserved dinner for themselves.. Kinda like a complimentary thing la. Picture, print, give. My job was the printing part.

So, with all the hard work of working 12 hours a day on a sunday and on V-day n CNY, my boss is thankful and he belanja-ed us makan. :)

But the sad thing is, at night my colleague bailed on me and I had to eat by myself. At the bar. Alone. On a V-day night. Basket ball lar. I know im not a romantic, all - lovey dovey kinda person to love to celebrate all this commercialised shit, but I would not like how they all would look at me. Yes, I see that pity-ful look they all give me. Its sad really. Ugh.

Well at least some colleagues who was working at the restaurant managed to layan me a bit even with the crowd. I also think they kasian me.

Sigh.

3 comments:

caryn a.k.a 小白 said...

Cynnn~~~ thiaaa~~ whee~ aiya, dun b sad k! I din celebrate V-day either o.. n din get hw a pressie. So bad la me.. Anyway, V-day is nth xtra special la.. like u said, a vy commercialized day, wit d fud prices all naik on dat day.. giler!

sounds like ur boss vy unpredictable fr ur blog.. he fire ppl vy often arr? gambatte on ur work ooo~!
*huggies*

~tia~ said...

CAAAA RRRYYYNNN!!!! Wheeeee~~~~

Haha, not sad, just dissapointed how ppl can look at valentines day as though its such a big deal. Im All for Valentines Day EVERYDAYYY! Whee~

Since V-day u din give HW pressie, give him Mandarin orange with yr name on top. HEHE! good hor good hor!

And, yes...my boss very unpredictable, somedays he damn good mood, somedays he damn bad mood. Scary leer~.

I MISS YOU LARH!

caryn a.k.a 小白 said...

hahahha~ really a gud idea!! but den d mandarin orange will rosak ler~ unless i can find a way to preserve it.. LOL! or else his name jadi "busuk" nanti! wakakka~

yaya~ everyday is a V-day if u can spend ur time wit ur love ones!! hehehhe~ ^^ so cepat pigi cari ur paling love one larhh n dun forget to intro to me!!! wheeheeeheee~~

aiyo~ den be xtra careful wit ur boss lor.. dangerous nie! b goodie goodie in front of him.. haha~ haiz.. really longggg timeee din see uuu~~ miss ya too nehh!! =.="