Christmas Eve Dinner...Check
Christmas....Check
Wedding...Check
Family Football...Check
Family Potluck...Check
New Years Eve Dinner...Check
I am still shocked that the "Carvalho Clan" is still standing. But now we areball back in our homes. One would still wonder how that we are all not sprawled half dead amongst each other either in exhaustion or in their drunken stupor....Curious.
This Christmas/New Year celebration felt...different. Different in sense that it did not feel like a mechanical celebration where it was tradition for all to celebrate together. Kinda forced, looking back a few year ago. In fact, it felt that we were waiting to greet each other in celebration of togetherness and famalial love. Corny I know. But still I loved it all the same.
This Christmas held a few significance for me. This Christmas is the last Christmas that I'd be on the receiving end of presents. In this tradition, the growth into adulthood is marked by the ability to earn for yourself. And therefore, for those who dont work will be able to get the presents . Pity me, for now my work is now to find a job. Which I hope will be easy to find. But then again.... hehe
Brothers both in thier own little island and a sis who works in kl makes it hard for my family to be together. So it would be something like twice a year to be together, even that if we are lucky. So, it was also a blessed Christmas for us. (At one stage it wasn't confirmed that my bro who is working at Tioman would come.) :)
This Christmas was significant because, we were communicating as families do. Unlike a few years ago when a little small misunderstanding shook the foundations of the family.
All in all, this Christmas will be remembered as i remember the time when i was only a girl, excited and wide-eyed waiting for the stroke of midnight on Christmas Eve. This time, I remember the time we spent together, and not the amount of presents that I received.
I know its late but "Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!"
2 comments:
aww cynthia...that's a very sweet piece u've wrote...happy new year to u too k!
i hope u get a job soon :) n i pray that it'll be ur dream job!!!
miss u ~*
weiqi
thanx babe...for everything.
missing you too!
Post a Comment