Saturday, June 24, 2006

In Memory

I suddenly feel a sense of very deep loss.You know when people say whar you've got until you lose it.I've felt it before but I never am able to learn from my past.Sad really.
I was just looking at a few of my pictures in the past, mostly the picture of the time i was in form 4 to form 5.And i realise how much i miss my long long hair.Ok so what if i am vain.That doesn't hurt anyone.

It's been my dream since young to have super long hair like Ariel from the little mermaid,black and straight like pochahontas.Well my dad never really did allow me to have long hair as it was hard to maintain as a young girl,but as i grew older he had no say.so since my last sper short haircut in form 2 i kept my hair growing.Every now and then i would trim it.

Then it finally reached a few inches below my bra strap.then i thought no,that's not long enogh.one more year and it will reach my waist.Only problem was, my hair wasn't straight.I wasn't to happy,always complaining about it and how annoying it was.I didn't realise that during some days i had those curls that people only acheive when they went to the hair dressers.I only thought about the time it was frizzy and unruly.STUPID ME.

Ah,the time came when i had to go for National service.I survived the whole 3 month's with my long hair.Frizzier and spoilt due to the sun i stil kept it.Then during the last month i was sick.Kept coming with flu,cough, and very high fever-on and off.I went back, saw the doctor and by that time i could barely eat nor walk properly.Food tasted like my mother dumped the WHOLE salt packet intoit.Even the Campbell mushroom soup which was my favourite tasted like that.I dunno why,normally people would not taste anything, but all i tasted was super salty.

Anyway back to my hair,i was too sick to care or think about it.So i just told my mom to cut it.And she did.sad really, the whole lot of hair just gone.My head did feel lighter but my heart was heavy.I've lost years of hard work of washing and taming and brushing and everything from creams to hot oils and also mask.
In memory of,
Cynthia's hair


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hair is not what makes a person....its the person that makes the hair the outfit...you know what i mean